View Single Post
02-21-2013, 02:14 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I completely disagree. Baerstchi brought more energy than Cammy to start the season, perhaps even Iginla, so if we're going to use the "winning" argument, Baerstchi in the top 9 gave us a better opportunity to win than some other people.

And regarding Irving, all I ask is this: How do we know Irving wasn't our best chance at winning? I ask because I'm pretty sure he played lights out the season before last and carried the Heat. He didn't have enough crease time last year to prove he wasn't the best option.
You misunderstood or I didn't articulate properly. I'm talking a winning atmosphere in the AHL.

No flames coach, GM, owner would ever sit a $6million player and give that spot to a Horak, Baertschi, backlund. I agree, Cammy Iggy etc havnt gotten the job done and Sven, Horak have brought more energy and skill in their time on top 9 roles.

My argument is: if you cannot give our prospects top 6 minutes at NHL level because of our current lineup, you do it at the AHL level with the goalie that can win you games. If our current lineup is not getting the job done, you move the pieces that can give us a high return and then give our prospects a chance at the NHL level.

Irving - I liked his play. I am a firm believer that our team sucks in front of anyone but kipper. We need to change that. We won't have kipper much longer. I think Irving/Ramo could potentially be a great tandom. Combined they may not be as good as kipper is, but we don't know that. This is our first time in almost a decade of having to play without him. The results are poor. It's kippers fault that Irving hasn't been given a chance at this level. He was lights out last year. Because he was the go to guy. This year, not so much.

BVicious is offline   Reply With Quote