View Single Post
02-21-2013, 02:15 PM
zarley zelepukin
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Carter has to be taken in to context. He is streaky goal scorer. He isn't a superstar. He isn't a guy like Kopitar that is a 2 way elite center that is going to wow you with his play away from the puck.

The Blue Jackets wanted Carter to come in and carry the team and be a guy like Kopitar, B. Richards, Crosby, Malkin, Datsyuk. They were also asking a pure goal scorer to feed Rick Nash the puck. Of course they are going to be disappointed, that is a recipe for disaster.

Carter is on a hot streak right now and will cool off at some point and a portion of our fan base will be all over him again... good times
Honestly, no one's like Crosby when he's at the top of his game, which he usually is. Malkin also has unreal skill. I think it's ridiculous when people in Philly say Richards and Carter aren't like those two as a way to diminish how good they are (and in case it doesn't come through, I am a Flyer/recent Kings fan living near Philly). Last time I checked, you didn't have to be a surefire HOFer to be the best player on a Cup winner. Being a multiple all-star type player is plenty good.

Carter caught crap for exactly the reason Scarface said- he doesn't always look like he's working his hardest because of his size and skating motion.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote