View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVicious View Post
I think STL has enough players who can fill in for him at center and adding Iggy to a young group with a young bottom pairing Dman as well might urge them to do it.

The reason I respect Berglund so much is his age, size, vision and proven chemistry with Backlund overseas. He won't be a player to put them over the top in STL as much as Iggy will be. Iggy is exactly what STL needs. Hitchcock had also come out many times an said how much he respects Iggy. He is the perfect coach for him.

I can almost be certain they would be the front runners over Philly/Pits for perusing Iggy.
Those are good points, but the reasons you and I like Berglund so much are the same that STL does to lol. Its worth it for big Jay to put it out there for sure. And as we know Feaster isn't into tanking, so a player of Berglund's age would fit right into Feaster's plans.
My only thing is, why would the Blues trade a 24yr old Berglund who is just getting it going, for an aging Iginla? I threw Gio's name out there because he could play with Petro on their top pairing. But we would still need to add.

ROR while not quite as skilled as Berglund, may be a better target. But if I had my choice, I'd chose Berglund.