View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Replacement*
Checked out

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
Gagner and it's no question...well, the only question is his age.

But Hemsky dominates the play when he's out there, and has his whole career. Gagner's improving mightily, but if we could get a centre with the same or more size as Gagner and a career statline similar, plus another piece, I'd pull the trigger.

Wouldn't even consider it with Hemsky unless it was a big overpayment coming back. He's too vital.
This isn't the case.

One can only look at recent years as I don't know we have the player that put up that kind of pts and play in 05-06.

Oddly enough Gagner as a mere kid is in a deadheat in pts attained with Hemsky over the span of Gagners tenure.

What you get with Hemsky is a guy either out of the lineup, playing hurt, or playing in a funk. I'm glad Hemsky has stepped up right now but considering Gagner has given us the same contribution Hemsky has while still being in his formative years its a no brainer who ends up being the much more productive player. Gagner will smash any career pt totals Hemsky has attained. Would not surprise me if Gagner flirts with a 1000pt career....

Plus Gagner is a Center and more valuable just on that basis.

Last edited by Replacement*: 02-21-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Replacement* is offline   Reply With Quote