View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Sorinth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What was the reason when after his 1st season, he had the same number of points....in 20ish more games? What was the reason when the season after that prior to his injury, he was going on a even less productive season? And again, working your tail off, being a great leader and good defensively...I'd take that any day of the week on a 3rd line.

I just think he will not improve. That he's on his way down while other players we have in the lineup that doesn't get his icetime are on their way up and we could be an even better team if we'd used them more. That's all.
I would think Gomez going from a 59 to 38 to 11 probably had a big effect on Gionta's point totals. Gionta's has always been more of a complementary player on his line as opposed to the guy who generates the offence. So he will be highly reliant on other players production.

Most 0.5ppg players are going to be paid around 3-4m, because of his leadership & defensive abilities he probably should be closer to 4m. So we are paying an extra million because he was UFA. Not really the end of the world. Subban being underpayed for the next 2 years more than covers it.

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote