View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 01:40 PM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
Nash at 7.8 in Columbus was widely seen as being overpaid.

Nash at 7.8 in NY, whats the verdict thus far?

Hes supposed to take that next step as a player here, right? Hes in pretty elite company with that cap hit. Wouldnt we expect elite production? He is now the go-to guy on the team (depending on who you ask)

As Antithesis already pointed out, Gaborik at UFA cost of 7.5/no assets > Nash at RFA cost of 7.8/assets.

Nash is primarily a goal scorer, a former 40 goal guy whos numbers have declined steadily since. Im still holding out that he will eventually bust out and get to 35-40 at some point, because after 15 games, its all you can do.

Like I said before, ive never ever seen someone who doesnt score given so much sluck as Nash, especially in NY.

I love the way Nash plays. Im just pointing the double standard out. Maybe its there because of his style of play and nothing else.
Nash has been a presence for the Rangers night in and night out. Granted, I would like to see more points (goals) from Nash, but he's averaging 4+ shots per game and leads the team in scoring and generates dangerous chances every night.

He's been everything he was advertised to be.