View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 01:41 PM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Bottom line is the team can't handle any kind of adversity. Why? Maybe the pieces are being fit into the wrong spots. Maybe.

But, It's never the coaches fault, its always Stepan. Or Gaborik. Or Nash not scoring. Or Hank let in two bad goals this year. Or Cass Marques is not using the right conditioning oil on the gloves.
For me, the bottom line is that the arguments about why it's Torts' fault always fall apart and lead to the subject changing.

The team that had 109 points last year and won two game sevens can't handle adversity? News to me. This year, they're having all sorts of trouble. Again, its the beginning of a season in a format that won't be repeated for a decade, if ever. Even so, they've handled adversity in a few of the very small number of times that they've encountered it. Was winning that game in the SO after blowing a lead not handling adversity?

My point isn't that it's never the coaches fault - it's that it's very, very rarely just the coaches fault. Torts is a polarizing figure and people LOVE to hate him. Look at the arguments for firing him around here - they're shallow and when confronted with counter arguments they break down and turn to vague generalizations. Because they're emotional arguments. They aren't based in anything but people's frustration with the entire team's performance.