View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by balaclava brian View Post
I'm sorry, guy. I don't usually comment of people's trade proposals, but this is absolutely awful... A potential young, top six power forward for a deteriorating defenceman? On a contender, Jay-Bo is probably a #4 D, even that may be stretching it. In a couple years when we're hopefully a contender, he won't be what he is today. Admittedly, he seems to be having a decent season on a bad Calgary team, but he is not worth what you are proposing - a potential future core player for a guy we might get a couple years out of.

BB
you are welcome to comment on whatever you like, its a message board.
Im not sure how many people have watched him this year but ive seen him 4 or 5 times now and he's better than any defenceman not named Karlsson we have.
He would be an great 2nd pairing defensemen, fits into exactly the kind of style of play we are/have built in Ottawa.
He turns 30 in september, and IMO has 6 or 7 seven good seasons ahead of him based on the way he plays.

Cap space is 100% irrelevent for next year and this is with the expectation we have him for the next 5-7 years under contract at significantly lower rate.

IMO its harder to sign a high end UFA dman than it is a UFA top line winger, and i believe we need one of each - one through trade , one through UFA.
Would i rather have yandle? sure, and id pay more for him too.

Just a discussion folks, and i happen to think Bouwmeester is significantly better than people here are giving him credit for.