View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 02:30 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Wrong. We used a 2nd rounder and three years of money and time developing him into a top-tier player. In the long run, picks don't matter nearly as much as talent development. So the value in return for O'Reilly has to address the value lost, not only in the pick but in the vital role he played and the time/money spent in his development. I seriously don't see the opportunity to make this loss into something greater. I think the Avs lose out no matter what.

Shea Weber was a 2nd round pick. I think we can all agree that if he were traded there'd be little chance to parlay that into something greater unless it was on the level of a Lindros deal.
I get that, and that's why I added this perspective...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
And if that line of thinking doesn't work, then here's another way to look at it. We're giving up our 3rd line Center. We'll get better than a 3rd line Center in return. Oh, I know he is better than a 3rd line Center, but that's what he is here. A great 3rd line Center.

Look at what we're giving up in terms of here and now, and the role he has on this team, instead of looking at the potential he has, and the role he will play on another team.

We will get back better than a 2nd round pick or a 3rd line Center.

No worries.