View Single Post
Old
12-18-2003, 08:50 PM
Guy Caballero

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman08
this may not be true entirely or atleast me giving the guy the benefit of the doubt or whatever but could his eye injury be "scaring" him in some way?
look at al macinnis who went thru a horrible eye injury a few years ago and comes back now is gone again, potentially forever and could have potentially lost complete vision in his eye after his 2nd surgery.. it could be messing with the guys head.. and before ANYONE spouts off something like "he's a big player" or something about his heart or anything like that.. shut up (and i mean that in the nicest way) because by coming back he has shown courage.. this isnt a knee/ankle or something like that we're talking about.. its the eye.. and a players health is far more important than what joe niewendyke recently referred to as "a silly game" in the wake of the rob ramage events.. and for all my love for the sport and everything else, in the grand scheme of things.. he's right.. its a silly game.. i say we give him the benefit of the doubt and give him to atleast seasons end or next season (if there is one) and see how he plays (whether for us or for someone else)
Hab fans have been giving him the benefit of the doubt ever since he got here and he's done nothing but disappoint. His playing style these days is nothing new - he's been doing the same crap his whole career. It has squat to do with his injury. We know he can play a physically dominating game, because we see it once every quarter of the season. We don't see it more often because Kilger simply doesn't have the fire in his belly. He's one of this team's problems, and he won't be around long.

Kilger's body + Begin's heart = Bobby Holik