View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 02:38 PM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
His opinion is not flat out wrong... Just because he has a different opinion towards it does not make it wrong.

Now I tend to agree that once a player is drafted there draft round has no bearing on them anymore, and its more about what the player becomes, but that doesn't make his opinion any less right.

I also somewhat agree with him, if we were to trade ROR for Kulikov or MDZ as the basis for deals, it would be a sign that we have taken ROR and increased his value to that of a Top draft pick or other young top talent. So we have done a good job with ROR and increased the value of that asset.

His opinion is just as correct as yours.
Agree with Avsare1. Well said by all 3 of you. I tend to lean Bubba's direction on this though.

Value is subjective anyway. The Core of this team is pretty well in place, and getting pieces back in return for ROR that turn this core into a consistent contender is far more important than getting the pot of gold or nothing. Winning and being a contending team is an added value in itself.
As long as we can get reasonable value that addresses the team's needs for ROR, and we make the best use of those returns, I'll be happier than letting him sit forever or getting an equally or more talented player who does not make this team better.