View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 02:54 PM
BigG44
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesoma View Post
It was Peckham, I think someone said shoulder which is very possible considering the hit Chiasson took.

Peckham was a wuss the two games, wouldn't throw down with Gazdic but still being annoying. The OKC games were really rough injury wise.

I really hope Dallas signs Dowling. I want to say he's only on a PTO with Texas right now and damn that kid has looked good.
It could be tight next year with contracts.

34 players are under contract, and there are 20 free agents (10 RFA/10 UFA). Radek Faksa and Ludwig Bystrom's won't count against the 50 contract limit.

Of the 10 RFA:

Likely Signed: Jordie Benn, Beskorowany, Fraser, Sceviour, Vincour
50/50: Gazdic, Sneep
Likely Not Signed: Coyle, Tousignant, Wandell

Of the 10 UFA:

Likely Signed: Roy, Bachman or Nilstorp
50/50: Jagr, Nystrom, Fortunus (Current Captain for TX), Morin (#1 Center for TX)
Likely Not Signed: Morrow, Ryder, Sloan, Bachman or Nilstorp

In addition, at least one current NCAA player will probably be signed, and a potential 2nd could earn a contract: Scott Winkler and Curtis McKenzie.

I think he would be the appropriate choice, but Dowling would likely need to push out Travis Morin. In addition, we know Texas and Scott White really like Mitch Hedden. He's playing pretty well, and they could be forced to sign him to an NHL two-way contract or risk losing him to a different team.

Petersen and Wathier have taken big steps back in the AHL so it's unfortunate they have a year remaining. Petersen at times has found himself as the 4th line center even when Eakin, Sceviour/Roussel were in the NHL and Morin was hurt. He's still getting PP minutes on the point though. Essentially though, both represent 2 wasted contracts on the 50 limit.