View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 03:18 PM
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Do you even know what an invalid argument is? There is no flaw in his argument form, because it was stated as a subjective opinion. When it comes down to opinion, how could his premises be true while his conclusion be false? Before you rip on a guy, know what you're talking about.
Oh boy kiddo, you took a PHIL101 course and you don't even understand validity and soundness yet?

Yes I know what an invalid argument is and subjective obeservations are different than opinions and they are built on a series of assertions*. I'm saying his conclusion that "Gionta is doing fine" (I'm paraphrasing, I'm drunk) is invalid following his previous assertion that he's not scoring all that much.

For 5m a year, PP time and top-line minutes I expect more than "defensive soundness" to consider someone as "doing fine"

*If you'd like I can elaborate on argument structure and basic logical rules as I've come to study/understand them.

But not now. I'm drinking awful Johnnie Walker red, and I have to finish it. Yuck.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote