View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 03:20 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I don't think 1A, 1B, and 1C works. Not enough ice time to keep everyone happy. You end up with players that either don't produce at their max potential due to limited ice time, or you get guys that throw a tantrum about the ice time (and demand a trade, one way or another, when it's time to sign a contract). That's why the vast majority of teams -- particularly the successful ones -- go with the more traditional top 6 / bottom 6 recipe.

Stastny leaving is pure speculation. Have you actually seen anything that insinuates that he wants to walk? Or that management has no desire to resign him?
And don't forget...you can probably fit 3 really good centers on a team payroll wise but when you also try to include 6 really good wingers to surround them with you'll be way over the cap. I don't believe you can have three #1 lines and keep nine egos happy in the process.

The only concern I have with trading ROR is how much money will the AVs have to pay to keep Stastny (or bring in someone else) to be our 2nd line center in the next couple or years. I really liked the idea of ROR being that guy but he simply had other ideas. As far as the return...I think the AVs should deal with the team offering them the best defensemen and then work out the other particulars. Get the single best Dman possible, screw everything else. I'd really love to see Jack Johnson but man no way Davidson will allow that to happen.