View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Stewart is the definition of underachiever. Had one sweet season, the rest have been duds leaving you wanting more. He is very capable of being a perennial 35 goal guy with a gritty, physical game. But for whatever reason he just doesn't seem motivated to do so.

Would sign him as a UFA to lower the risk, but wouldn't want to give up what we'd have to in order to nab him. But by the time his UFA period comes around, everyone will know what he's capable of. Eh. Pass.
I watched the Blues vs Avs game and I was really impressed with his game. The announcers couldn't stop raving about him. He dropped 15-20 lbs this offseason in an effort to get back to the level of two years ago and it really shows. He is a great complimentary player with his size, speed, and skill he could be a great asset for the wild. I do believe the Blues will have a tough time signing him with Berglund, Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, and Cole all RFA this year too. They do have quite a bit a space (20 mill) though so who knows they could make it happen.

I wouldn't be opposed to picking him up now, but his value is rising and fast so I don't think this is the best time to make a move for him. Wait until summer and see what kind of deal he is looking for if the Blues want to let him go.

Last edited by Randy BoBandy: 02-21-2013 at 03:35 PM.