Thread: Value of: Couturier
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Snotbubbles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
Obviously he wasn't put in the place to exceed offensively. But that doesn't mean you can't show offensive capability. I don't see elite offensive potential in him. As I said, it's not about his stat line, it's about what I've actually seen when he plays. Why is that such a big deal?

BTW, Jordan Staal had a pretty spectacular rookie season. Elite offensive player though? No. Best player from his draft? No. Top 3 player from his draft? No. Why do people act like that comparison is an insult?

What else are posters supposed to ask for when Flyer fans are asking for their young, up and coming d-men? Giroux? Of course their asking for Couturier (and B. Schenn). Other teams don't have any interest in trading their players either... i.e., when Flyer fans ask for OEL. You have to overpay for other teams players as well, instead of offering Voracek+, Simmonds+, Read+.
Voracek is a good player and he's only 23 years old. I don't want the Flyers to trade him. He is great with the puck. If he could only finish more.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote