Thread: Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos Thread II
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 03:56 PM
centcougar07

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
How about Cullen is a veteran and Granlund is the rookie. Right now the last thing Minnesota needs is Gran getting pressured and losing the development he's made in the NHL. He'll get to centering the second line soon enough but he needs to work out some basic kinks first and it's easier to fix those and cover them on the fourth line.
That doesn't mean Cullen is better or deserves more minutes. By this logic we should put Jonas Brodin on the third defensive pairing because he's a rookie and Spurgeon is the veteran player. Cullen is getting outplayed by Granlund even though FBJ is on the 4th line. That speaks volumes about where these two players are performance wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
No it can't but its not the end of the world as long as Granlund continues to adjust and we keep seeing progression in his game.
Fair enough but at some point (sooner rather than later) he needs to be rewarded for his efforts and be promoted to a more permanent role for him (i.e. a talented, playmaking forward). I'm all for Granny developing his knowledge of the NA game but what I don't get is that the 4th line was supposed to be a temporary wake up call for him. Now he's on a three game point streak and he's still getting garbage minutes.

It also sends a bad message (IMO) when a guy like Granlund who is succeeding and working his butt off continues to be passed over for someone like Cullen who is not succeeding. I like Cullen but I think he needs to be traded at this point. He's really not a great fit here anymore and it's getting to the point where he's holding up some younger forwards, and I don't mean only Granlund. We're starting to see a logjam type of situation at forward... Hopefully GMCF has his trading hat on.

Last edited by centcougar07: 02-21-2013 at 04:02 PM.
centcougar07 is offline   Reply With Quote