Thread: Value of: Couturier
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 04:16 PM
CanadianFlyersFan18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Giroux is clearly better than Bogosian. What I am saying is that at 18 Bogosian was better than 18 year old Couturier. At 19 he was better than 19 year old Couturier. At 20 he was better than 20 year old Couturier.

Bogosian is now 22 and much better than he was ever at 20. He's much better than Couturier is, is 2 years more along his development and his potential is as high as Couturier, if not higher. In what universe is Couturier more valuable than Bogosian?
Bogo was awful his first 3 years. Lets not try to sugar coat this, Sean Couturier may not be putting up offensive numbers out of this world, but in his own zone there's no other player in this league I trust more. The kids instincts and ability to shut down top players in this league is something you can't teach. As I stated above, he's starting to get confidence in the offensive zone, and is now playing the point on the 2nd PP unit. I've never been impressed with Bogo, he has all the tools and no toolbox. The only thing holding Sean back at this point is his foot speed. If he can work on that, he's going to be a very unique and skilled player.

CanadianFlyersFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote