Thread: Value of: Couturier
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 05:24 PM
JetsHomer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyersFan18 View Post
Bogo was awful his first 3 years. Lets not try to sugar coat this, Sean Couturier may not be putting up offensive numbers out of this world, but in his own zone here's no other player in this league I trust more. The kids instincts and ability to shut down top players in this league is something you can't teach. As I stated above, he's starting to get confidence in the offensive zone, and is now playing the point on the 2nd PP unit. I've never been impressed with Bogo, he has all the tools and no toolbox. The only thing holding Sean back at this point is his foot speed. If he can work on that, he's going to be a very unique and skilled player.
Bogosian's third season he did regress when he lost confidence. His first two seasons were much better than Couturiers have been. After a slight regression in the final Atlanta year he bounced back last year big time.

Not really sure how you could say he's awful when he out scored Couturier over the same period. I get that Couturier is a two way forward but Bogosian is not merely an offensive D. He's an awesome shutdown D as well.

Its pretty mind boggling the arguments some of you are trying to make.

Couturiers good, no doubt. But Bogosian is better and was better than Couturier was at the same age. Not sure how people are denying this...

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote