Thread: Stauffer: Howson Re-Surfaces in Edmonton
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Pennertration

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
The only thing I need ascertain out of that is how many people they recruit into the "war room" to make something as obvious as a decision to pick Hall, RNH, Yak.

I wasn't reading into it any more than that they have shown their over the top process many times. Its bureaucratic, I read it as that, and denote that the similar penchant for such nonsense would likely interfere with making on the spot decisions, which not too curiously, this org has trouble making.

High priced managers are hired for a reason. To have great vision and the tenacity and confidence to make good decisions. Not to hire a boardroom of people to try to assist you in making decisions because you have little demonstrable confidence in your assumed role.
So, you hold it against the team for seeking team input on the 1st overall pick? For goodness' sake, why? That is hardly an "on the spot" decision, so why wouldn't you look at every possible shred of info available to you? What do you think other teams do when making such decisions?

Pennertration is offline   Reply With Quote