Thread: Stauffer: Howson Re-Surfaces in Edmonton
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Slats432

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
The only thing I need ascertain out of that is how many people they recruit into the "war room" to make something as obvious as a decision to pick Hall, RNH, Yak.

I wasn't reading into it any more than that they have shown their over the top process many times. Its bureaucratic, I read it as that, and denote that the similar penchant for such nonsense would likely interfere with making on the spot decisions, which not too curiously, this org has trouble making.

High priced managers are hired for a reason. To have great vision and the tenacity and confidence to make good decisions. Not to hire a boardroom of people to try to assist you in making decisions because you have little demonstrable confidence in your assumed role.
So you would entrust those decisions to one or two guys instead of having insight of 10 strong hockey minds discussing picks that will impact the franchise for a decade or so?

Tyler/Taylor
Nuge/Larsson/Landeskog
Yakupov/Murray

Good managers gather information, input from all of their staff, then make the final decision based on that. They aren't the scouts, they aren't the directors of player personnel, they are the final decision makers.

Way off base here IMO.

Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote