Thread: Proposal: Defensive Defensemen to MIN
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 05:59 PM
OCPenguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
I've been avoiding taking too much part in this thread, because it's just a cycle, but this comparison is wrong.

You guys value Despres a lot, as you should. He has strong potential, is playing well, and some day really might turn into a top 1-2 guy.

Brodin IS a top 1-2 guy already. That's what's scary about him. He is something special, and this is not just because I am a Wild fan, this comes from almost anyone who watches him for a game or two.

These two are not the same. I'm not trying to be defensive about this, but this is not a fair comparison. This would be like comparing our Coyle, to say Taresenko. It's not comparable. Coyle has great upside and potential to be a good first line winger, but Taresenko has the potential to be a real star and something unique in this league.
OK, so maybe even better example - Tyler Kennedy to Minnesota for Charlie Coyle. To me, this would be the equal Seto to Pittsburgh for Despres. Would you do that one? Very interested to see what you would say. Sounds to me based on your explanations, this would be very close.

I have avoided this discussion for a reason as well. But to say Seto for Despres is fair and realistic is absurd. It's fair and realistic to the Wild, not for Pittsburgh.

Last edited by OCPenguin: 02-21-2013 at 06:05 PM.
OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote