View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 05:08 PM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
So you're basically ready to strip down the roster. Starting with getting rid of the team's biggest point producer from the blue line, and I'd imagine your next step would be getting rid of Brad Richards after this season. I think a lot of people have the same thoughts. Personally, Im surprised people could be so reactionary after 15 games, but hfboards has taught me that no week, no game, no shift, is too little to make knee-jerk reactions and plans.

Enter O'Reilly, which basically leaves us with 2A and 2B centers, and no MDZ.

In my opinion, that brings the team even further away from the goal line.
Strip down the roster? No.

If Richards continues to play like he is now, you won't have to worry about what I would or would not do. He'll play himself right in to a buyout since he is the only guy it would make sense to use it on. I like Richards, loved him in Dallas. I want him to succeed here just as much as I want DZ to, but when players do not meet expectations, and you have a way to remove them while improving the team, I think you explore those options.

It's not knee-jerk, because even if this team was 15-0-0, I would be considering this move. Unless somehow DZ started to look like EK up in Ottawa.

rip