View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 05:31 PM
surixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Right now , labeling him as a very good 3rd line C and an absolute beast on the PK is a huge stretch imo. Not looking at potential or possible but actual , and he imo has not reached either of those levels. May he? Sure he may , but he hasn't again imo.

At some point the Jets organization have to make their decision on what player he actually is and will become , not may become.

Two points in one game , then benched for the third in the next , in a 2-1 game where a very good 3C would be highly wanted is a sign of why he has not found favour with the Jets so far. Turnovers in the third period where you have a one goal lead isn't what you need or want and Noel acted on that.
Agreed, there is only so much time you can spend evaluating a player. I have to think the organization is dissapointed with his offensive development. Given what we have seen this year it doesn't look like he is going to take the same steps forward that ROR took in his third year. I will gladly take the more sure thing in ROR over Burmistrov who is increasingly becoming a big question mark as to whether he will ever put it all together. I don't envy GM's their position do you cut bait with a young promising player before you fully know what you have or do you stick with the player with the hope that he figures out. If he works you have the player you were hoping to trade for, or you have a written down asset that won't bring back a promising piece.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote