Thread: Prospect Info: Mikael Granlund V
View Single Post
02-21-2013, 06:45 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
Wrote on my HW article that Granlund is a prospect we have never had. A prospect that already has a developed skillset that just needs adjustment.

All he needs to do is learn how to adjust in the smaller rinks and that can be done in the NHL or AHL.

Guys like Sheppard and Gillies needed to develop their skills, and never had a chance to on the 3rd/4th lines. Granlund already has those skills, its about translating it into a NA style of game.

So IMO, he'll develop in the NHL 4th line or AHL 1st. Its a win-win IMO because that is how much I trust in Granlund and think how talented he is.

In the NHL, he'll play against the meanest and toughest of the NHL playing 10 minutes a night. In the AHL, he'll play 20+ minutes of the best of the AHL. NHL and AHL play a similar physical game, so in either instances, Granlund will develop.
I struggle to believe 10minutes< of NHL ice time a night is what he needs. He needs 12-15 minutes of ice time with wingers that can play offensive hockey to succeed.

Now Zucker comes up and scores and if he continues to impress in the next 4-5 games then Granlund will be in Houston. We have a logjam of forwards and because he isn't a checking line center..Mig 64 will be the one to go down. For better or worse that is what is shaping up to happen with Zucker performing and no trades imminent.