View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Kwayry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Can you point me to that quote where the Rangers actually said that about him, or are you just misinterpreting Tortorella saying he can't eat Girardi's minutes?
Here is the article and the quote.
It is nice that Stralman can fill in for injury when he has to, but he certainly appears to be 3rd pairing dman.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...-of-dan-girard

Quote:
“I tried to fill (Girardi’s) defensive part of the game. I don’t think I quite lived up to that, but I think I played some good hockey and some good minutes,” Stralman said Sunday morning, adding that the increased minutes were an adjustment but not foreign, since see saw some significant ice time during his previous two-year stint with Columbus.

John Tortorella wasn’t exactly satisfied with the experiment, though he sprinkled in compliments when asked how he felt Stralman handled the minutes.

“Ehhhhhhhhhhhh,” the Rangers coach said before Sunday night’s game. “That’s a guy that has grown on me. He competes, but it was a lot of minutes for him. We’re hoping we won’t have to do that with him … But with Danny out, it put a lot of pressure on people … I think it’ll help (Stralman) in the long run as far as conditioning, but we’re comfortable how we divvy them up when we have our full six.”