View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
Depends on the time frame of this question..Id say right now the physical aspect of his game. Protecting pucks and using his feet to make plays. Also getting into shooting areas with the puck and using his wrist shot.

Recently I think he has been much better at using his feet to open up the ice for himself and teammates and I think everyone who has watched the last 4 games or so has noticed the same.

He gets better every game. That is why I think he needs to go up with ice time not slap him in the face and give him 9 minutes. Im puzzled why Yeo did that...
Okay so lets say the physical aspect of his game.

For those that want Granlund in the AHL:

Against the Red Wings and in order to develop his physical game, would you prefer him to play against Gustav Nyquist and Landon Ferraro in the AHL OR Jordin Tootoo and Justin Abdelkader of the NHL?

Now if your argument is that Granlund should be HIGHER, not lower: personally, I didn't see Granlund succeed in a 2nd line role at all. He was improving every game, but he is still a rookie with adjustment needed.

The Wild is in the NHL, and its about winning.

Granlund was not helping the team playing 2nd line minutes, I could even argue that he was dragging the line down because he would turn the puck over during an offensive cycle almost immediately after being bullied physically.

Its about finding a harmonious balance between the Wild winning and developing Granlund.

Sure, it would probably be better for his development to play #1 minutes with #1 PP minutes. But honestly, do any of you trust him enough YET to be our #1 winger?

So, if the physical aspect is the main part that really needs developing (I think his skills is already top-end), playing on the 4th line will help do that WHILE letting the Wild try to achieve its main goal: winning.