View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Slick Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
That is what it really boils down to, timing. Instead of building the Club, they should have enhanced the fan experience first, on and off the ice. Off the ice, the jumbotron is the obvious issue. No replays and tons of commercials take the fun and interest out of the game. On the ice, a better surface would not only make the game better for the players, but for the fans viewing as well. I believe they recently upgraded the ice management system, but the ice still seems to be quite sloppy.

The issue I have with the Club is that Yormark thought that they could build off of momentum sustained after ONE year in the playoffs. When you factor the one playoff appearance in over 10 years, against the circus that was the Florida Panthers prior to last season, the timing to build the Club was way off. If the Panthers went out and say signed a Sidney Crosby and a Alex Ovechkin, then you go and build the Club, because you know ticket requests would increase 100x, ala the Miami Heat. That is the type of affect you need to have in order to build the Club. This team should have made the playoffs a couple of more seasons, generated more excitement in the community, built the fan experience, THEN go and build the Club.

Apples and oranges. You are comparing our minor league organization to one of the best run franchises in all of sports. For a good majority of the Heats history, they have been a successful franchise; playoffs, multiple division titles, three finals appearances, and two titles in the last six years. Their representatives treat the season ticket holders better than any team in South Florida, have one of the best owners in sports, have had stability from management down since the 90s, and overall, scream first class. I have been to season ticket holder events for the Heat, and the accessibility was unlike anything I ever really had in the 10 years I was a season ticket holder with the Panthers. Nothing I have said could be said about the Panthers, except maybe Tallon, but he still remains to be seen. Not to mention, the Heat have the best player on the planet, and two of the top 15-20 players as well, so they can pretty much do what they want at this point.
Agree with everything you said. Comparing us to the heat is laughable.

Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote