View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Zaktar

vCash: 50
Hello, I've been (very) regularly checking these boards to find Wild news and speculation for about a year. Switched over when I got tired of having to slog through all the negativity in the team website boards. Thought I had better finally post in this thread so that next time I feel the (rare) urge to contribute in a thread I can do so without entirely feeling like I'm coming out of nowhere.

Name: Marc

Fav All time Minnesota players (Wild or North Stars): Honestly, I've got a bit of a soft spot for Zidlicky. I find him really fun to watch (more now that he is not with the wild) because I swear something always happens when he gets the puck. Whether it's a bad turnover, a delay of game at a terrible time, or a neat offensive move/shot. He just happens to help the other team more often than not.

Fav Current Wild: Koivu, Bouchard, Brodin

Fav Non Wild Players: Nick Foligno, Jamie Benn, Skinner, Sergei Kostitsyn, Kulikov, Landeskog, Tyler Meyers (I tend to be more interested in younger players because you don't know as well what you're gonna get out of them. Makes following someone more interesting to me)

Fav Wild Prospects: Bussieres (for a very silly reason: I drafted him in a GM mode of NHL 12 over a year ago and thought it was an awesome coincidence when the Wild actually drafted him), Hackett, Brodin, Bulmer

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Huberdeau, Lehner, Galchenyuk

Fav Movies: Army of Darkness, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra, and other cheesy/bad action/horror films

Music: They Might be Giants and Man Man

Hobbies: Reading, Cycling, Video and Board Games, and hockey related stuff

Fav food: I am decidedly not picky. I'll just say avocados.

Fav Beer: I tend to like ambers and Scottish ales with an occasional IPA thrown in. If you press me for a single beer I'll probably say Rogue's Hazelnut Brown Nectar.

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: When I started to really get interested in watching hockey a couple of years ago the Wild were my obvious choice because Minnesota is one of my favorite places and my go-to for sports teams. My favorite moment was probably Backstrom's shutout on national television against the Bruins during last year's Hockey Day in America. I found it very satisfying for a flagging Wild team to shutout the most recent cup champs on basic network television.

How long I have been a Wild fan: Since about 2010

Origin of screen name: It's one of my standards since I was a kid.

Jerseys owned: Christmas Koivu

Married?: Not yet

Kids: Not yet