Old
02-21-2013, 06:40 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
If Carle would have signed a 1 year deal, then it would validate your point, but Carle's deal would have hamstrung us for more than this season. Just because we were unsuccessful in throwing the money out there doesn't mean we will be for the duration of the contract.
Not really. They blow most of the extra cap space every year, and still get to amnesty Briere if it comes to it. Which they wouldn't have absolutely had to do. That's with Timonen staying, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm MacDonald View Post
They were signed to replace injured players. When the team gets healthy, guys like Zolnierczyk are sent back to the AHL. Not nearly all those guys will count towards the cap at the same time (and even fewer with the old CBA, when Carle was signed).
They're replaced by guys with similar cap hits. Many people here agree McGinn shouldn't go back to the Phantoms anyways, so that's one guy replaced. Also, they haven't yet put Pronger or Walker in LTIR. Those are allowances they're not utilizing that they otherwise could be. I even forgot to mention Wellwood made the opening day roster.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote