View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 07:48 PM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
So you want 3 guys who are over the hill and only getting worse?

You need to be able to skate in our system, and none of those are good enough skaters IMO.
not to mention neither of them are quality first pass players. Murray is just garbage now, regehr would just be a bigger redden with less offensive potential.

Kimzey is vastly underrating guys like yandle, gardiner, and greene. Greene is solid in his own end and smart with the puck. We need a guy who's solid in his own zone and can move the puck quickly. that's what a top pairing dman is. all the best d pairings consisted of two guys who could move the puck as well as anyone and took acare of their own zone first. Example: Suter-Weber, Lidstrom-Rafalski, Pronger-Macinnis. Not a Pilon(douglas Murray) and pietrangelo as a top unit. Petro's great, he's my favorite player and is THE best defenseman under 26. But he can't do it all by himself especially in the playoffs.

I don't want us to trade for a guy like murray, regehr etc.. who would all be downgrades on cole just for their physicality, especially considering we have a bunch of physical defenseman in our pipeline. If we trade for a LHD it better be for a legit player who can play top minutes and has proved it in the RECENT past, not like 8 years ago like Robyn Regehr. Maybe they could work on the third pair but not the 1st. I just wish we still had Pronger and he was healthy. can't even imagine how good we'd be with a healthy pronger.

STLBLUES44 is online now   Reply With Quote