View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 08:22 PM
Aerchon

vCash: 500
I am typicaly a huge advocator of making our top 6 bigger even at the expense of trading away some our our elite talent.

Krueger has changed my tune a bit. His utilization of our the top line Hall RNH & Eberle has been overall very successful. The shots are not going in but they are way out chancing all thier opponents. Often enough they are playing against the opponents top lines as well.

Our second line has been getting offensive zone starts and is being sheltered. It is leading to a mixed bag but with our talent we are seeing some nice scoring.

Third line is a true third line with checking and grit as is our 4th.

He has split our top 6 as skill and our bottom 6 as grit where as others have tried to blend the lines too much to provide "balance".

I don't know if I want to keep this set up at the risk of not making the playoffs but the system seems to be very close to putting it all together.

From the games I have watched I could easily see us turning it around if the following happened:

Line one starts scoring like they were last year. = more wins.

Line two keeps scoring but tightens up defensively a bit. Yak matures a bit, Gags and Hem settle down and start checking the rearview mirrors more. = more wins.

Line 3 & 4. Production has been very low from this group. Jones will help immensly. Score a few more goals. = more wins.

Aerchon is offline   Reply With Quote