Thread: Grabovski
View Single Post
Old
07-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Belso

vCash: 500
I don't see why the Habs would rush any of the kids. I agree to let them start in the AHL and show get used to the american style. Kostitsyn has pure talent, but he may still be getting used to the smaller ice surface. His vision is needs to adapt to become more efficent on the ice. SAme goes for Grabovsky. He needs to show he can play on a smaller rink. Let him make his mistakes in Hamliton and when he's ready, he can replace Ribeiro when he sucks or if someone gets injured. I'd be surprised if the Habs go a full season with 95% of the players they started the season with.as for Latendresse I think if he has a great camp, he will probably make the jump from LHJMQ to AHL for at least the beginning of the season for the same reasons as everyone else. The skill is too great at the NHL level. Inexperianced players need to learn how to go from one level to the other unless your a god like Ovechkin!! For the rest of them, take your time!!! It took Spezza a half a season of playing in the AHL before he joint the big club. And in his first year, as I will post below, he didn't get 100pts.(he would of had over 100pts this year had he not been injured)
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/...e=nhl-senators

So you got to give these guys learning time. If the preassure isn't too much, they'll do fine in a few years. Even Chipchura has to get used to playing in the AHL. It's only normal. So let's just sit back and watch the team play and enjoy the game.. THese kids will have a chance to play in the near future. Besides, we don't even know if Saku will be ready to start the season. I sure hope he comes back! It's been a while since he's has such a good team!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote