View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not sure I get this. Gionta STRONG 2-WAY PLAY would be a waste alongside a young and still learning Galchenyuk on a 3rd line? How is that? Wouldn't Galchenyuk learn from Gionta? Wouldn't Gionta repair some of the defensive blunders that Gally will make? If Gionta does have an offensive game as some will like to believe...wouldn't he be contributing with Gally? And for some who hopes more offensive like me...wouldn't play with a younger guy like Gally be even profitable for Gionta? I really don't get your point.

And a Eller who is now shining...couldn't he shine even more with guys like Pleks and Bourque. Why limit yourself to see what the ceiling of this or that player can be? And the fact that Eller is shining so much means that we then have a stronger bottom 6 than a lot of teams...okay....but what about putting Gionta there instead? Isn't he supposed to be a top 2-way player? How's Eller more valuable on a bottom 6 than Gionta? For whoever wants to "spread" the talent....isn't it probably even MORE spreading the talent?
19 years old Galchenyuk needs to receive sheltered minutes. If you put Gionta on his wing, Gionta would also face weaker competition. That would be a waste because, based on his play since he joined us, the guy can play against top competition.

Once everyone is healthy, I expect Eller at C on 4th with Moen and White. That line would receive more ice-time than your usual 4th line and Eller (PK + PP alongside the kids) would receive 13-15 minutes of ice-time per game. Our “4th” line would also be our second “tough minutes” line.

If you absolutely want to remove Gionta from Plekanec’s wing, the only solution, from my point of view, would be to use him on 4th and give the LW spot alongside Plek to Eller. I just can’t see the Habs using their captain on 4th; especially if you factor in how great and productive (see post 113 for their ES and PP contribution) our first line is.

I am curious, you wish for 1. Eller – Plekanec – Bourque. Assuming a healthy line-up, what would be your 2nd, 3rd and 4th line? Btw I think that Prust must play on the top3 lines because it does spread out the toughness.

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 02-21-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote