View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 09:03 PM
BnGBear1970
YUP!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
? IS Levin and how does he handle the transition from Rosemont, IL, BNG, this isn't like TNSE where they ended up keeping the franchise they built, to replace it w/ Jets v2.

Does the Wolves franchise go up for sale, if it comes to tht, and remember even if the Wolves stay, the PDC is expiring w/ Vancouver.
I think TNSE is the new model for relocated franchise. If you have a staff like they had with the Moose, then the smart money is that Levin would try to keep that as together as possible. OTOH, if it's Hansen, it appears he'd either have to start from scratch or bring a lot of the Phoenix staff north, which is very impractical for a variety of reasons.

As far as Levin's interest in the Wolves, TNSE maintains ownership of St. John's, so it wouldn't preclude him from continuing with the Wolves. Yes, it would make his life harder, but if Zombie Phoenix/Seattle take over the affiliation, it makes some sense for him to keep both.

All this said, I suspect that Hansen's going to be the man in Seattle, so that should be the guy everyone looks to for the next step. Again, if I were a betting man, I'd say the discussion in the Board of Governors is about the difference between instant gratification by getting out through QC and a long-term, more pleasant option by at least making Seattle a viable foil to Quebec.