View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
19 years old Galchenyuk needs to receive sheltered minutes. If you put Gionta on his wing, Gionta would also face weaker competition. That would be a waste because, based on his play since he joined us, the guy can play against top competition.

Once everyone is healthy, I expect Eller at C on 4th with Moen and White. That line would receive more ice-time than your usual 4th line and Eller (PK + PP alongside the kids) would receive 13-15 minutes of ice-time per game. Our “4th” line would also be our second “tough minutes” line.

If you absolutely want to remove Gionta from Plekanec’s wing, the only solution, from my point of view, would be to use him on 4th and give the LW spot alongside Plek to Eller. I just can’t see the Habs using their captain on 4th; especially if you factor in how great and productive (see post 113 for their ES and PP contribution) our first line is.

I am curious, you wish for 1. Eller – Plekanec – Bourque. Assuming a healthy line-up, what would be your 2nd, 3rd and 4th line? Btw I think that Prust must play on the top3 lines because it does spread out the toughness.
Cole-DD-Pac
Gallagher-Galchenyuk-Gionta
Prust-White-Moen.

I would believe in spreading the toughness if we would have the guys to do it. I choose not to on a 3rd line and go with the combination of skills and facing an easier opposition to play against. Would rejuvenate Gionta's game, would help a lot the kids as well.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote