View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 09:18 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffsEnough View Post
I don't mean to make a sour thread bashing the guy or anything, but is anyone else frustrated with the lack of quality from this guys broadcasts on TSN 1290? I usually work during weekday games so I am often forced to listen to him and have gotten really frustrated and tired of him. He calls the play as if it were a TV broadcast-where we were watching and had a picture of the game. I find him to be very un-descriptive and vague as to what is actually happening.

I remember one time I heard "Antropov, gets the puck in...Antropov in his 7th game blah blah blah blah (irrelevant etc. etc.) aaaand we'll take a break and be back after this!" I remember thinking to myself "what?! What just happened?! there was a stop in play? Where? Why!?" Usually I find myself wondering what time it is in the period and/or what the score is when I tune in for a long period of time.

Peter Maher, the voice of the Flames, said it really well once. Always say the time/score often, and remember your audience can't see the play so paint a picture with your words. I find myself frustrated at the lack of this with Brian Munz-I feel like he's better suited for TV broadcasting. Dennis Beyak has been a fair bit better on the radio. Does anyone else agree, or is it just me?
I thought Munz reached a plateau with AHL hockey, an NHL quality broadcaster he is not. TSN 1290 would be wise to entice Kelly Moore over from CJOB for an improvement in play by play.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote