View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 09:30 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Carter-Richards-Iginla on the 2nd line would be just a little exciting. Calgary would want Bernier and I'm sure the cap situation would be a mess.
Iginla is a UFA after this season, so it wouldn't affect our cap next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaneedsomewine View Post
I've always loved Paajarvi and was a big fan of Cogliano as well. I've like Gagner for a while as well.

Unless a guy comes in and lights it up like Hall, RNH, Eberle, Oilers fans seem to classify the guy as a bust/disappointment.

Loui Eriksson would be an excellent fit on this team.

As for Paajarvi, I can't help but think of Markus Naslund. First round pick, slow-developing Swede who took a few years to find his footing in the NHL and eventually became an impact player and 30-40 goal scorer.

I look at Paajarvi play and I see a tremendous amount of potential. Excellent skater, good playmaker, good two way upside, and still only 21 years old. I still think the kid has 30 goal potential, although I would say he is more of a playmaker than a finisher. I think his floor is a tremendous skating two way forward who scores 20 goals a year.

However, I think the Kings could definitely use some speed on the wing and with Paajarvi seemingly blocked in Edmonton from being a full time player for the forseeable future, I would definitely kick the tires on him. I think he'd add some jump to LA's offense and would slide in nicely where Penner/Gagne are supposed to be. I love what Carter's speed has brought to this offense, and would love to see Paajarvi on a guy like Kopi's or Richards' wing.
While I don't think Paajarvi and Naslund play very similar, I do respect your overall point. The kid is 21, and if he had been brought along properly, he'd be a highly toughted prospect. Rather, he's being written off as a bust.

He's prime to have a turn around with a new team, just like Naslund.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote