View Single Post
02-21-2013, 09:35 PM
vCash: 500
I feel like Kovalev is worth a lot of nothing.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind trading any of the guys listed with the exception of Goc, and even he has his own trade value.

I would like to keep Bergenheim too, but I'm not sure what's going on there.

I do not like our first line from last year. It's not just this year, either. They were very good for the first 30 games last year, and then pretty much sucked the rest of the way.

They're not that good. Weiss is a 2nd line center who is an upcoming UFA. Flash is a one-dimensional 2nd line winger. Versteeg is an inconsistent 3rd line winger. There's a reason why Versteeg has been traded so many times. I don't think this is just because of injuries. It's the way he is, apparently.

We need to get bigger.

That line is too flashy and they're not skilled enough to play that way. Not only have they lacked production, they've been this team's biggest liability for awhile now (again, since the first 30 games last year). Look at the +/- #'s, they've been dreadful. It's pretty annoying to watch them play.

The difference between that line and our current #1 line is that this version is more skilled and younger. And while they're also small for the most part, they play hard. Mueller has shown that he's willing to get to the dirty areas and win battles. Huberdeau is the most skilled player we have, and Shore is responsible with some offensive ability.

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote