Predict the final east ranking!
View Single Post
07-14-2006, 09:08 AM
Join Date: May 2006
This is how I see it breaking down
1. Buffalo - sure they lost mckee but they have so many forwards still developing to their full potential that their offence will be insane!
2. NYR - very few losses, excellent pick ups in grit and goal scoring with Shanny and cullen.
3. Ottawa - Havlat is big 2nd line offensive hole because alot of teams in their division improved. Gerber is not the solution, though nice extra defensive firepower in Corvo and Pressing
4. Philly - Forseburg ready at the start of the season, but slow D will make life difficult in playoffs.
5. Carolina - Good team, will suffer from sophmore Stanley Cup slump and losses on D that have not been replaced.
6. Montreal - improved, but not alot, need some rookies to have break out years also speedy existing cast.
7. Atlanta- This is their year to propel themselves into the post season, barring another year of Goalie "Days of our lives" injury drama.
8 New Jersey - Good ol Lou would have to pull out the trade of the decade to get himself out of cap trouble, Gomez or Gionta is gone and I see one of the other GM's plundering him bad for them.
9. Toronto - ah, another year of "who should we fire now cuz we didn't make the playoffs" It will take monumental effort from Rookies and Hal Gill being as good as Pronger for them to see the post season.
10. Tampa Bay - A goalie helps but some losses in supporting cast (Modin, Kubina) which they can't replace plus a weak prospect system equals missing the playoffs.... barely
11. Boston- Bruins fans will love their first line of sturm-bergeron-boyes and hate the fact that they paid WAY too much for Chara and Savard, this team will be the one to sag near the end of the season out of the 8th spot.
12. Florida - Good team, unproven goalie equals golfing in April barring an Auld Save-a-thon.
13.Pittsburg - will finally figure out defense is necessary in the NHL, unfortunately they will figure this out with 10 games left in the season.
14. NYI - The curse of the Yashin contract noose continues, I heard NYI fans tried to raise the $21 million to buy him out on Ebay but it was pulled down. Ebay said something about it was "cruel and unusual punishment to get NYI fans hopes up"
15. Washington - I hope Pothier enjoys playing 30 minutes a game because he will cry when the rest of washingtons Dmen are on the Ice. Kolzig will see so much vulcanized rubber he'll feel like he's working at the puck factory. Him and Ovechkin will win them 15 games, but hopefully Esposito can make the jump in 2007-2008 when they get the #1 draft pick.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by mayday199