View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 10:15 PM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRANGERAMI View Post
Fancy is not creative. Fancy is fancy. creative is skate puck in, pass, pass, shoot. What we do is dump and chase, not recover puck, repeat. If you watched tonights game there were plenty of times Richards went to get the dump in against the boards, and i think he never recovered one, he lost everyone.
Okay, still, I see people try to skate the puck in and fail. I see people try to pass around the offensive zone and fail. I see it a lot from everyone but 3 or 4 players.

Richards isn't doing anything right - he's not dumping and chasing well, he's not skating the puck in well, he's not passing or shooting well. He's got his own mental issues right now, he's not a victim of the strategy.

Also, the players who are capable of skating the puck in and passing nicely do it often and Torts doesn't reprimand them - they get A TON of ice time. Stepan can do it alright, Nash does it very well, Hagelin does it very well and McD does it very well. Those guys skate in and pass around a lot and I don't see them in hot water with the coach because of it.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote