View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
His prime is behind him. Compliance buyout. Throw money at 27 year old, 6'4' number one center unrestricted free agent Ryan Getzlaf.
I constantly see you posting this. Do you think Getzlaf going to FA is a guarantee? Will the Ducks let him walk? Ducks are good again this year and he seems to enjoy being a Duck.

Listen, Brad clearly hasn't looked his best, but I honestly don't believe this is the end. We're 16 games into the season. It sucks he's looked very bad so far, but he can turn it around. I honestly agree with the other poster saying it's all mental. He knows he's struggling and that leads to having no confidence. When you have no confidence, you take too long trying not to make a mistake with the puck, which leads to turnovers and bad, forced passes. He has never been a player who relied on his physical attributes to carry him, but his hockey IQ and vision. Right now it is all mental, he needs to have a few good games where he makes some good plays and then he will start to hit his stride. Confidence is so important in hockey.