View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
It's true, no athlete in good health will decline that rapidly. Watching Richards gather the puck up behind the net and skate it up ice shows a guy who skates just fine.
His lack of flow just ends up with him standing around somewhere and then trying to jump back into the play. No wonder he looks slow, he is not in the flow. The entire Rangers offense does not flow most of the time, and don't tell me that it is completely the fault of Brad Richards.

I'm not sticking up for his play, not at all, but the whole team has no cohesion. It's a team game, and I see no creative think as you go at the speed of skates play building, play making.

I agree completely. There were a few rushed tonight and one or two vs Montreal where Richie looked like last year, rushing from his zone, through a few players and into the offensive zone. He's just not putting it together. He's either making a good rush, ending with a bad pass or forcing a pass or waiting one second too long to make a play.

I've been playing this game my whole life and this looks like a guy who's in a slump and playing with no confidence. He's over thinking everything he's doing with the puck which is leading to bad and forced passes. He's skating hard but not doing much with it. He's second guessing his decision making and thus, taking too long to do anything which is eliminating his chance at a successful play. Quintessential example of a hockey player who is playing poorly because of lack of confidence.

Look at those highlight videos for Dallas. There we see a player who is not even thinking about what he's doing, he's so confident in his abilities and his decision making that he is instinctively making amazing plays. Confidence is key for Richards, hopefully he can string together a few decent games and get some rolling here.