Thread: Player Discussion: Brad Richards
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 11:01 PM
shinchanyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Agreed. He looked lost at points last season. But the fact is, he finished strong with us. 39 points in 41 games March through May is tough to complain about. Especially when you saw some of his performances in the post season. Even with his prolonged stretches last season, he finished with 66 points (not great for him, but good enough to be considered a #1 center).

A rough start to one season. That is how I see it. It's a knee jerk reaction. Because if you go based on how he finished last season, he was a big time player for us. Give him the opportunity to redeem himself.

If we make the post season, and he leads the team in scoring again, and once again finds a way to score several timely goals for us, people will be singing a different tune.

I really feel is "what have you done for me lately" and the NY attitude everyone has where they ALWAYS expect results immediately (especially when bloated contracts are involved).
Whens the latest he can be bought out 2014? he certainly has until then to prove something but if he continues this ALL THE WAY TILL THEN how could we not buy him out?