View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
i just can't help but worry about this team. I never go for the blame on a single player. This is not baseball.

As you correctly point out, Richards was a total menace to the opposition with Dallas. It was a different game than what the Rangers play, but I still don't know why the Rangers forwards on the skilled lines should not be able to roam more freely. i am not saying that they should not care about backchecking, but the correct balance has to be struck. The Rangers skilled lines should be going more freely for the net, with offense the priority. I cannot say that they are not allowed to do this, just that it certainly does not look right. Not right at all.
Yup, I agree with you. They are not roaming freely, as you put it, I think because they are all afraid of getting benched. I think they need a solid week or two of games where they are putting up good offensive performances, by everyone not just Nash's line, and that will get their confidence up. Play 5 or 6 games in a row where you score 4-6 goals, with Nash, Richards, Gabby, Cally, Steps, Hags all putting up good numbers in there, and I think that will naturally open up the offense. Everyone here likes to blame Torts and rag on him that we are playing too uptight, and that might be true for now. However, if we can go on a streak and score 5-6 goals a game for a week or two all in a row, it will naturally change our offense.

Players will take chances, score more goals and be more creative. The fact that they score more will allow torts to shorten his leash. It's all a balancing act. The first thing that needs to happen is they need to show they're capable of it. Which means Richie, Nash, Gabby, Cally need to step up and make some big plays.