View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 11:38 PM
Bomber0104

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Tlusty is not a first line player, he's there by default because Carolina is spreading out their depth. Anyone who watches him can see he's a second-line talent. Good board player and responsible defensively, but his offense is not first line calibre. Percy's IQ is amazing and he reminds me a lot of Suter, while Leivo has great offensive instincts and is much more physical than Tlusty will ever be.

Anyway you can debate this all you want, but you have a one-sided opinion and in general civil discussion is difficult with you so I'm going to drop this topic.
Im not trying to be uncivil I am just wondering if you think Percy or Leivo have 1st line/pairing potential...because you seem to think that they are better players than a 1st line player in the NHL.

You can debate whether he is a complimentary 1st liner, 2nd liner, what have you...he is producing quite nicely right now. I understand that point of view since I feel JVR isn't an Eric Staal talent either...but he is making the best of his chances just like Tlusty.

And like you said, he brings other things aside from offence like smart two way play and penalty killing ability.