View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 11:42 PM
Maelpj*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
While we're throwing out line combos, when Brendan gets back, promote him to the top line since he'd been earning it before his concussion (but maybe take a few games before pushing him up there in case he's not ready for that much ice-time yet, we can leave Gionta up there and slot Prust in with Cole/Galchenyuk while keeping Armstrong on the bottom line wing, all until Gallagher's ready to play more minutes).

Give Eller his shot at 2C with two linemates that have chemistry of their own, especially now that they seem to be finding their game again. In this sense, the top 2 lines may as well both be top lines if Eller handles it well. That could save Plekanec some ice-time at ES if we happen to be having an undisciplined game where he has to work the PK a lot.

Shove Cole and Gionta down to the 3rd line and let Galchenyuk have some veteran (though underperforming) linemates. They are still somewhat hard-working vets, so maybe an injection of youthful energy and a different centre will spark them. Gionta needs it though because, as this thread is mainly about him, what he's been doing so far just hasn't been working, and at least every other player has started to find his game.

The bottom line I think is pretty good, and White's been doing well in the faceoff circle (seemingly, I didn't check the stats, but him and Prust are interchangeable at centre/wing).

Bourque-Plekanec-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Eller-Desharnais
Cole-Galchenyuk-Gionta
Moen-White-Prust
Armstrong
Another one who put Eller on the pedestal. What he did so impressing to deverse a shot at 2C? Desharnais-Pac are doing well, DD have no buisness playing at the wing. Seems like you only want your Eller boy to play with the "hot" duo right now.

If a guy deserve to play with pac and DD right now is Gallagher. Him and Pac showed good think togheter. Cole and Gionta with Gal? What did the poor guy have done to deserve those two zombies?

Gallagher - DD - Pacman
Bourque - Plekanec - Cole
Gionta - Eller - Galchenyuk
Prust - White - Moen

MT is probably never gonna bench Gionta. We will likely never see Cole and gionta on the 4th line, but if it was me, I would let Prust with Eller and Gal and bench gionta. Cole is not showing that much more than Gionta, but at least, he's showing SOMETHING.

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote