View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 12:59 AM
JeffMangum
~Dylan~

vCash: 500
Don't think Richards had a bad game. He was pretty much a non-factor both ways, just kind of there. Wasn't making the dumb blind backhand passes, though, thank god.

Stepan, I thought, had an excellent game, along with Hagelin and Gaborik. Haeglin-Stepan combo has been one of the few bright spots on the team this season offensively.

I thought our bottom-6 had a great game, too, IMO. Especially the Pyatt-Halpern-Callahan line Torotorella put together in the early third/late second IIRC, whenever they were put together, they were awesome.

Girardi made a brutal play on the first goal. After looking at the goal highlights, I thought Stepan should have been covering Zibanejad on his goal - all 4 Rangers went to the right of the slot, Zibanejad was left wide open. In that situation, the player without the puck is the most dangerous one. Can't just leave that much of the slot wide open when you're killing a penalty. Hagelin was the forward closest to the puck on that side, Stepan should have covered the left side. Stepan had a very good game, IMO, but that was a bad read and it was a game changing play.

These players really need to smarten up, they look brainless out there at times. It looks like what Torts taught this team last year has been forgotten about.

Everything about you is bringing me misery.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote