View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 12:16 AM
OrrNumber4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
The Sharks get a lot more flexibility if they are able to buy-out Burish. 1.8 million for a 4th liner is just too much.

On the actual salaries, you don't really need 14 forwards. Could take one out and have more flexibility cap-wise. Replace Anderson with Stalock (Stalock making anywhere from 650k-800k). I also don't see Sheppard or Desjardins making that little money. Those are very miniscule raises. I'm fine with the choices of Miller and Weiss, but Miller isn't going to take that little either and Weiss is definitely getting a raise.
I also don't want Wingels in the Top-6. He isn't a Top-6 player. If everyone plays up to potential, a Galiardi - Sheppard - Wingels line is a fine 3rd line. Then move Weiss to 2C and Couture to LW.
1.8 is too much, but I cannot see the Sharks buying a player out.

Sheppard is interesting. If he deserves to make more, that means he is playing better, which means he can play in the top-6. But otherwise, I can't see him making more than 1.3-1.5 million in any case.

In regards to Desjardins, history teaches us this. 4th liners get paid like fourth liners; there are numerous players that could take Desjardins's spot; he gets his qualifying offer and nothing more. After all, Scott Nichol played well for San Jose (plus he brought penalty killing), and he never got a raise over his very modest salary.

As good as Drew Miller is, he is still basically a 4th liner. With teams facing a cap crunch, I can't see him getting that much of a raise. In any case, he's not a vital acquisition.

I've explained my reasonings for Weiss. Another player I'd like to target on the cheap is Simon Gagne...

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote