View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 12:26 AM
WTFetus
Most popular

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
1.8 is too much, but I cannot see the Sharks buying a player out.

Sheppard is interesting. If he deserves to make more, that means he is playing better, which means he can play in the top-6. But otherwise, I can't see him making more than 1.3-1.5 million in any case.
Yeah, they probably won't buy him out. I'm saying they should though.
I could see Sheppard getting 1-1.2. His contract right now was mostly just a "here's some money, prove to us that you deserve it". From what I've seen, he looks really good out there. A slight raise just to keep him happy. 100-300k won't break the bank.

Quote:
In regards to Desjardins, history teaches us this. 4th liners get paid like fourth liners; there are numerous players that could take Desjardins's spot; he gets his qualifying offer and nothing more. After all, Scott Nichol played well for San Jose (plus he brought penalty killing), and he never got a raise over his very modest salary.

As good as Drew Miller is, he is still basically a 4th liner. With teams facing a cap crunch, I can't see him getting that much of a raise. In any case, he's not a vital acquisition.
Fair enough. Desjardins/Nichol isn't a great comparison though. Nichol was an aging player on the decline. Players in the 35+ range typically don't get raises. Desjardins is a young player entering his good years. A 100-200k raise builds a better relationship. It really depends on how well he improves this season though. Right now, he hasn't shown that he deserves a raise.

Quote:
I've explained my reasonings for Weiss. Another player I'd like to target on the cheap is Simon Gagne...
Even with cap-troubles, I seriously doubt Weiss is going to go for the exact same contract. He'll definitely look for a raise and a team will give it to him.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote